Monday 19 November 2012

Trip to Malacca~ Malaysia's Heritage Gold Mine!

Malacca!!!!
What can I say?  Heritage buildings, cultures, foods, sightseeing!!!! I spent my weekend there with my boyfriend~ went there for visit and research plus data collection. Just wanna share my trip with you guys :) 

Overall the trip was good~ We reached there around noon and straight away went to Malacca's famous jonker street for lunch! Its been years since I last had chicken rice balls in Malacca, got me really excited to have it again!  



Lunch at Famosa Chicken Rice Balls Restaurant 


Chicken rice balls with roast chicken and roast pork
with ice lemon tea and chendol as dessert


Additional fish ball soup to fill us up

Overall...the food here is okay..I still prefer the normal chicken rice. Not the best chicken ball rice I had but its passable. The one I had at Jonker Street (many years ago) was way better. Next stop - Malacca's top attraction - Dutch Square!!!!


The main heritage building site I have chosen in Malacca is Christ Church and The Stadhuys. Both buildings are side by side to each other and share many common issues.


Christ Church = When the Dutch took over Melaka from the hand of the Portuguese, they built several buildings for their own purposes. This church was built as a place of worship as they did not have any church for themselves apart from the small chapel built by Portuguese on St. Paul Hill. Like St. Paul Church,It is the most distinguished one among 
adjacent buildings that are also painted in similar red colour.

The Stadhuys = It is a red 3-storey building located at the center of Dutch Square was once a centre of the Dutch administration in Melaka and housed the quarters of its governors and officers.
Christ Church Front View

Side of The Stadhuys
Back of The Stadhyus
Building material defects







After collecting photos and on site experience and tour, we went to take our dinner and went home. Dinner was Malacca's famous satay celup!!!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment